Questions 1.1 Name
The Nature of Science pp. 3-11
Directions: Answer the following questions using complete
- What do scientists believe about the universe?
- How are cathode rays produced?
- How do scientists detect cathode rays?
- Why do you cover the tube with black paper?
- What do you do before experimenting?
- What does the nearby light tell Roentgen?
- What did Roentgen do after he found the rays?
- What is the purpose of science?
- What are the three main branches of natural science?
- What do the branches of physical science study?
- What is wrong with the neat organization in Figure
- What is the difference between science and
- How is a scientific theory different than the theory we use in everyday speech?
- What tests must a theory pass?
- How is a scientific law different from a theory?
- What is a quantitative statement?
- How does mathematics make science easier?
- When do you change or replace a theory?
- What is a scientific model?
- What types of models are there?