Reading Questions 3.2 Name ____________________________________
Guided Tour Pp. 77 – 84
1. What are the four objectives of this section?
2. How is the periodic table organized?
3. What is the periodic law?
4. What are periods?
5. What does Figure 3.11 show?
6. What is a group?
7. How are atoms in a group the same?
8. How are atoms in a group different?
9. What is ionization?
10. What is an ion?
11. Why is lithium so reactive?
12. What is a cation?
13. How do you form a cation?
14. How do you write the charge on a cation?
15. What are other atoms in Group 1 like?
16. How do you form a fluoride ion?
17. What is an anion?
18. How do you form an anion?
19. How do you write the charge on an anion?
20. What is the atomic number?
21. How do you find the number of electrons in an atom?
22. What is the mass number?
23. What is an isotope?
24. How are isotopes the same?
25. How are isotopes different?
26. Where do you write the atomic number in a symbol?
27. Where do you write the mass number in a symbol?
28. How do you find the number of neutrons?
29. Why are there atomic mass units?
30. What are atomic mass units?
31. What is the average atomic mass?
32. Why is chlorine’s average atomic mass 35.45 amu?