Reading Questions 6.1 Name ____________________________________
Solutions and Other Mixtures Pp. 186-190
1. What are the three objective of this section?
2. How are mixtures different from substances?
3. What is a heterogeneous mixture?
4. What is a suspension?
5. How big are particles in a suspension?
6. What is a colloid?
7. Why doesn’t a colloid settle?
8. What are immiscible liquids?
9. How do you make mayonnaise?
10. What is an emulsion?
11. What is a homogenous mixture?
12. What does uniform mean?
13. What is a solution?
14. What are the parts of a solution?
15. Give examples of solutions that are not solids in a liquid?
16. What is miscible?
17. Why is it hard to separate miscible liquids?
18. How does distillation work?
19. What is chromatography?