Reading Questions 6.3 Name ____________________________________
Acids, Bases, and pH Pp. 199-206
1. What are the three objective of this section?
2. What do acids taste like?
3. What is an acid?
4. How does an acid affect litmus?
5. What can dilute acids hurt?
6. What can concentrated acids hurt?
7. How can you protect yourself from acids in the laboratory?
8. Why can acids conduct electricity in water?
9. Why can strong acids conduct better than weak acids?
10. How does a weak acid ionize?
11. How do arrows in a reaction tell you if an acid is strong or weak?
12. List four properties of bases
13. What do all bases have in common?
14. How are acids and bases alike?
15. How can you work safely with bases?
16. Why is potassium hydroxide a strong base?
17. How does ammonia, which has no oxygen, form a hydroxide ion?
18. What is pH?
19. What can pH tell you besides hydronium ion concentration?
20. What is the pH of