1. How is the picture of the jeans like the periodic table?
2. How is it like the grocery store opened in 1916?
3. Why didnít scientists know about more elements in the 1700ís?
4. What were Dobereinerís triads?
5. What pattern did he notice about the triads?
6. What are the two reasons Mendeleev gets more credit than Meyer for the periodic table?
7. What approach did Mendelleev take to organizing the elements?
8. How did he eventually organize the elements?
9. What were the question marks on Mendeleevís table?
10. How did he know to leave spaces?
11. What convinced scientists that the periodic table was a powerful tool?
12. Why did they rearrange iodine and tellurium?
13. What didnít Mendeleev know?
14. How is the modern table arranged?
15. What does each period on the table correspond to?
16. What are the elements in the same period like?
17. Why are there three sets of numbers and letters on top of the periodic table in figure 6.5?
18. What are the properties of metals?
19. Where are metals on the periodic table?
20. What are the properties of nonmetals?
21. Where are nonmetals on the periodic table?
22. What are the properties of metalloids?
23. Where are metalloids on the periodic table?
1. What information is in the squares on the periodic table?
2. Where is the atomic mass?
3. What are the numbers like 2 8 and 1?
4. How is the state indicated?
5. What are alkali metals?
6. What are alkaline earth metals?
7. What are halogens?
8. Where are the noble gases on the periodic table?
9. Why are noble gases called inert gases?
10. What is the electron configuration like for the noble gases?
11. Where are the representative elements on the periodic table?
12. What is the electron configuration like for the representative elements?
13. How is this connected to the group number?
14. Where are the transition metals on the periodic table?
15. What is the electron configuration like for the transition metals?
16. Where are the inner transition metals on the periodic table?
17. What is the electron configuration like for the inner transition metals?
18. What groups make up the s block?
19. What groups make up the p block?
20. What groups make up the d block?
21. What groups make up the f block?
22. What does the period tell you about electron configuration?
23. How are the transition metals different?
24. How are the inner transition metals different?