Reading Questions 10.2 Name
Energy Transfer pp. 331-338
- List the 3 objectives of this section.
- What is conduction?
- What happens to atoms when heat is conducted?
- Why does air move upward when heated?
- What is convection?
- Why aren’t solids involved in convection?
- What is a convection
- What are several types of electromagnetic waves?
- What is radiation?
- How is radiation different from conduction and
- What is a conductor?
- Why are gases poor conductors?
- What types of materials are good conductors?
- What is an insulator?
- What is specific heat?
- What do the units “J/kg K” mean?
- Why is the concrete hotter than the pool?
- What is the equation for specific heat?